Monday 18 April 2011

Pole Dancing News

picture above of Emma Thorpe and Rosanna Durban from the art of dance, Miranda Goldring from Pole Affinity, Alex Conley from Spin City Exeter Clare Rigby from Zigs Pole Fitness, Shelley Neave from House of Pole, Sarah Scott from Studio 22, Kate Johnstone from Spin City, Emily Smith from Emily's pole Fitness and Robyn Rooke from 360 Pole Dancing all revising the PDC Syllabus.

It is now nearly 5 weeks since I sustained a Grade 2 tear of my menial collateral ligament (that's a knee injury for those of you who would rather be spared the jargon). I have a few more weeks or so before I will be able to do anything high impact with my knee but I am now able to do some gentle pole work as well as beasting my upper body and core on both the pole and the gymnastic rings we have in our aerial studio in Plymouth. My abs are now sore to touch but there is no pain no gain!


picture above of Sid Remmer, Miranda Goldring and Emily Smith.

Having an injury has been awful despite knowing that the amount of time of the pole has actually been quite short it feels like an eternity. I feel so sorry for people who sustain life changing injuries and can't imagine how those people cope with losing their mobility. Luckily for me I am now nearly pole fit again and the injury should not pose any long term problems if I am careful.

This weekend has been another working weekend for me with the Art of Dance Open Day on Saturday and the PDC Syllabus filming day on Sunday in Bristol. Thanks to all of those who turned up on Saturday for the open event and to those who helped out at the Bristol filming, your support is always greatly appreciated.


For all you avid pole dancers out there don't forget it is just 2 weeks to go before UK Pole Dance Day; in addition to the many satellite events happening across the country there is a huge showcase being held in London with some of the UK's top pole dancers in action they include the winner of this year's All Wales Pole Dancing Championships Jamie Alexah Taylor (pictured above), Justine McLucas (pictured below - photo courtesy of Daniel Andrew photography), Karen Chaundy, Bendy Kate, Keem and the Pole fit troupe. Other dancers to be announced soon.


Lastly if you have been patiently waiting for the new Pole Fit range to arrive you can save the wait by ordering the items on line at the Pole Dance Community Shop, I love my new spider back sports bra and can't wait for my new roll top shorts :)

More news to follow including a follow up on the Plymouth Pay Protest and news on the next event protest to be held at midday on Saturday 30th April outside Plymouth Guildhall.

Stay Healthy,

Sam x

No comments: