Sunday 3 May 2009

Blissful bank holiday


The sun is shining and it is a bank holiday weekend, My husband and I have the pleasure of visiting the Barbican Jazz and Blues Festival this afternoon where we will be watching Speakeasy who are described as "Tin Pan Alley tunes from the 1920s and 1930s that you never knew you knew, with fiddling, strumming...and spoons". Events like the Jazz Festival are great for Plymouth and the sunshine is just the icing on the cake!

The jam on Friday for UK Pole Dance day went well despite my decision to leave the heating on full for the spectators, for those of us who were on the poles the heat was unbearable and made dancing quite difficult but we carried on regardless and made the most of the 3 hour jam. I managed my first frodo (let me know if anyone has a better name for it!) on the pole after establishing that I have been trying to do the move on the wrong side of my body. I also managed a new type of flag that I can only describe as a vertical flag (will try to get a picture in the week to show you). We have all been working on the dart too (see picture above left), thanks to Tess for inventing the move, it is great fun apart from the pinching of the skin on the inner arm! Hope you like this little video with some clips from the Pole jam.

Everyone was looking great on the pole so I am really looking forward to seeing everyone perform at the Birthday ball on the 7th June. We are all missing Jo on the pole but I have no doubt she will still be amazing on the 7th. We are also missing Nixi who is still recovering from her dislocated knee although she does have the best brace I have ever seen, it looks like something straight out of Tombraider! Hopefully I will soon get to catch up with Kelly too, it seems like months since I last saw her!

Well it must be time for me to have a nice long soak in the bath and ready myself for my visit to the Barbican. I hope you all have a fabulous bank holiday weekend.

Stay Healthy,

Sam x

p.s. here is the winning dance from Felix at the Miss Pole Dance World championships in Jamaica!

No comments: