Saturday 9 August 2008

Competitions & general news

I have confirmation that I can wear my sports gloves in the national Miss Pole Dance UK competitions, this is fantastic news for me as it will seriously help me to overcome some of my performance nerves. I now have the task of choreographing a routine and finding a suitable costume. As I am entering the fitness competition I have to dance in bare feet but I am going to go for a slightly punky look to, I found this website to give me some ideas for some dramatic stage make up for the event.

The main emphasis of the fitness section are strength, flexibility and technique so I don't really have to worry to much about costume, hair and make-up but I want to make an impact and I think the punk look may prove interesting. I am also making enquiries into having my hair braided as the Thai fighters do as this will keep my hair out of my face so I can concentrate on my routine.


So serious training starts today. breakfast consisted of a large jacket potato - plenty of carbs for energy release and some prawns and tuna to boost my protein levels and help my muscles. I added some beetroot and garlic mayo for flavour and some extra vitamins. I am also drinking some white tea which is supposed to aid digestion. As soon as the food has digested I will be heading up to the studio for some pole practice to one of my chosen songs - Pink - U and UR hand (this song is the chosen song for Miss Pole dance UK). Any suggestions for Pole Diva's will be gratefully received

The first competition is the Pole divas qualifiers on the 6th September in Bristol although I have until October before the Miss Pole Dance UK competitions. I have a few new tricks and combinations that I hope to pull off successfully on the night.

Some of you may have heard me talking about a large 6 metre by 3 metre banner that has been travelling around Devon & Cornwall, for those of you who haven't seen it - here is a picture - it certainly grabs your attention!


The second studio is starting to take shape and the hard physical work involved is probably aiding my strength training. Nearly all of the rubble has been removed and I reckon there are only two trailer loads left to go next Thursday before we can start on filling and then painting. We look set to open the studio , as planned , in the first week of September coinciding with the new venue in Torquay.

Yesterday I had the pleasure of spending some time with my Mum, my usual hectic schedule has meant that I haven't seen as much of her as I would like, but we found time yesterday to go to the garden Centre to buy some new plants for my studio - doing my bit for Plymouth in Bloom - as well as pooping to raffles for one of Julie's marvellous curries, Sri Lankan Prawn Masala. My mum has two weeks of in August during which we hope to get up to Corfe Castle in Dorset where my great Aunt lives. here is the picture I promised to post for my Mum:

You may want check out Jo's blog to see how her work is piling up in her absence. Also Puss's latest blog is all about acroyoga, something I an dying to try.

Finally I wanted to raise a toast to a dear Friend Stephen Evans who passed away exactly 10 years today. Stephen was a young man with great prospects who died tragically early. I hope to meet his brother Rich for a drink later to celebrate his memory.

Stay healthy,

Sam x

1 comment:

Glamourpuss said...

Excellent news re MPD!

And yes, I reckon you and Jo would love Acroyoga.

Puss